Dismiss Notice
To celebrate the launch of our KitPvP server, we are hosting a 40% Flash Sale over on our Webstore.

Prison season 15 Mine comparison (rank V vs rank X)

Discussion in 'Prison General Discussion' started by SniffableSugar, Jun 26, 2023.

1. SniffableSugar

SniffableSugar
    With the introduction of the mining chest more and more sell-shops have started using this new way of storage which enables the mine owner to switch between different mines without the need to rebuild their sell-shop (An example would be if u want to switch from a V mine to a Z mine you will need to add a lot more emerald chest and cut down the amount of lapis chest). This new flexibility has prompted me to question the optimal choice of mine, considering the newfound ability to switch between them with ease.

To answer this question, I decided to compare the efficiency of two most popular mine of choices in p-mine (Mine V and Mine X). Mine V contains 45% lapis ore, 35% emerald ore, and 20% diamond ore, while Mine X contains 25% lapis ore, 45% emerald ore, and 30% diamond ore.

To compare the efficiency of the two mines, I calculated the expected value of the ores per block mined, assuming that each ore can be sold for $1 per ore (to make the math easier since it doesn't matter how much the ore actually cost as long as u sell to a sell shop). For both mines, I assumed that the ores were being mined without any Fortune enchantment on the pickaxe.

For Mine V:

• 45% of the blocks mined will be lapis ore, which can drop 2-5 lapis lazuli per block, on average 3.5 lapis lazuli per block.
    • 35% of the blocks mined will be emerald ore, which drops 1 emerald per block.
    • 20% of the blocks mined will be diamond ore, which drops 1 diamond per block.
    So the expected value of the ores per block mined in Mine V without Fortune enchantment is:
    (0.45 * 3.5 * $1) + (0.35 * $1) + (0.2 * $1) = $1.925

For Mine X:

• 25% of the blocks mined will be lapis ore, which can drop 2-5 lapis lazuli per block, on average 3.5 lapis lazuli per block.
    • 45% of the blocks mined will be emerald ore, which drops 1 emerald per block.
    • 30% of the blocks mined will be diamond ore, which drops 1 diamond per block.
    So the expected value of the ores per block mined in Mine X without Fortune enchantment is:
    (0.25 * 3.5 * $1) + (0.45 * $1) + (0.3 * $1) = $1.825

However, I also considered the impact of using a pickaxe with Fortune enchantment on the expected value of the ores per block mined. Assuming a Fortune level of 10, I recalculated the expected value of the ores per block mined for each mine.

For Mine V:

• 45% of the blocks mined will be lapis ore, which can drop up to 24 lapis lazuli per block with Fortune 10, on average 10.5 lapis lazuli per block.
    • 35% of the blocks mined will be emerald ore, which can drop up to 10 emeralds per block with Fortune 10, on average 4.2 emeralds per block.
    • 20% of the blocks mined will be diamond ore, which can drop up to 10 diamonds per block with Fortune 10, on average 4.2 diamonds per block.
    So the expected value of the ores per block mined in Mine V with Fortune 10 is:
    (0.45 * 10.5 * $1) + (0.35 * 4.2 * $1) + (0.2 * 4.2 * $1) = $4.245

For Mine X:

• 25% of the blocks mined will be lapis ore, which can drop up to 24 lapis lazuli per block with Fortune 10, on average 10.5 lapis lazuli per block.
    • 45% of the blocks mined will be emerald ore, which can drop up to 10 emeralds per block with Fortune 10, on average 4.2 emeralds per block.
    • 30% of the blocks mined will be diamond ore, which can drop up to 10 diamonds per block with Fortune 10, on average 4.2 diamonds per block.
    So the expected value of the ores per block mined in Mine X with Fortune 10 is:
    (0.25 * 10.5 * $1) + (0.45 * 4.2 * $1) + (0.3 * 4.2 * $1) = $4.17

TLDR ;
    V > X and with this logic V would be the best mine in the game

#1 SniffableSugar, Jun 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  2. Viizic

Viizic
    Thank you for this wonderful revolutionary information mr Sugar man!

SniffableSugar likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.