Seasons Should be 5 to 6 months for Skyblock

Discussion in 'Skyblock General Discussion' started by Princesspa, Jan 16, 2022.

?

Should the Season Lengths Change?

1. Yes: Change the Season length

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No: Find something else to draw players to Skyblock even in the later season

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Princesspa

Hello!

Last Season was too short with it only being 4 months. I know this may be due to the loss of players skyblock has in the later season; however, the seasons should still be 5-6 months since it creates more time for the players to build and expanded their islands. If the seasons are shorted to 4 months this will cause a loss of players as they wouldn't want to grind and build for 4 months before everything goes back to square one. Some other ideas that would be thrown away are below:

1. Public islands that help the player make money/increase skills

2. Bigger shops that sell items to players for cheaper

3. Bigger Buildings i.e. Towers, Villages, Houses, Grinders

4. Big Farms for the solo island player

The season lengths are detrimental to players as it creates more allotted time to the player to complete their builds. The season lengths are not the problem due to loss of players and what should be done are events or something else that would draw the player to play not only in the beginning of the season, but into the later season as well.

What are your thoughts on this situation? Should we shorten the seasons or come up with new ideas to draw the attention of players?

2. Zac25zac

Zac25zac
    Hey,

First I would like to say that I somewhat agree with changing the length of the season. I think the season should be 5 months long. This gives players a good amount of time to build, but also enough time where the season won't be completely dead.

I think one of the things that make skyblock lose players the most is a lack of balance and fun things to do. To be completely honest, for people who do not want to spend a lot of money or for people that are unable to have a large team, it isn't fun to play skyblock. I think there should be other ways, other than keys, for people to get compost bins, premium hoes (besides voting), and other valuables.

As said before, there is a big lack of things to do. Most of skyblock is to build farms and f11 farm. This is very repetitive and gets boring very fast. Aside from farming, there needs to be something to do besides PVP. I think a better quests system with good prizes would be a way to have some more fun. Maybe adding something like dungeon searches where you need gear to fight the dungeon and you can get some good prizes (Like compost bins, premium hoes, or teleport pads) out of them too.

I do agree with what you said about public islands that help other players and bigger builds/shops. I think that 5 months is a good time where you can get everything done. However, as I've said, there needs to be something new added to keep players active. Some of the changes that were made this season were great, but there needs to be something more for players to do once they get bored of farming.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.