Server Suggestions

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by zfmk, Oct 18, 2020.

1. zfmk

There are a few server-side adjustments that i believe could help the server with minimal effort :)
    Note: These aren't limited to specific minigames and are just general adjustments the server could make.

/r command
    First of all, i think that the /msgf command is extremely annoying, especially for newcomer who are used to typing /msg (without the f). I think a simple suggestion/alternative would be to add a /r command. By typing /r (msg), you would automatically reply to the last person that messaged you; a great alternative to the persistent /msgf command.

Leaderboard navigation
    Furthermore, there should be a way to navigate the leaderboards based on other statistics other than the default settings. For example, it'll be a cool addition to navigate who has gotten the most overall kills, deaths, games played, etc. for the SG leaderboards, instead of focusing primarily on wins.

Lobby Leaderboards
    An addition to the leaderboards would be to add a hologram version in the lobby's of each minigame. I saw another forum thread with the suggestion and it sounds like a really cool addition. By allowing individuals to navigate through all-time/monthly leaderboards for a specific minigame whilst in the lobby, it'll add more competition to the mix :)

/immuted command
    Finally, another good suggestion would be a /immuted command. It gets really hard to communicate when muted, and i think by adding this command, it'll allow individuals to atleast tell people that they are muted, to limit the occasional confusion. Ofcourse this command should have a cooldown, so individuals don't spam it however!

Takeaways
    There you go, a few suggestions to help the server :P There probably are many more, so feel free to reply to the thread or create your own ig.

Thanks for your time ~ zfmk

Swaggle likes this.
  2. ~Hoi

This may be buggy if you are in subservers since /msg feature exists there (so does /r) so you may by accident /r to a friend and the last user you spoke to (with /msg.) I still don't think that's needed since if you may try to message a friend an ip by /r and all sudden a new friends msgs you something and you accidentally pasted to the guy who all the sudden messaged you the ip. I feel most people use /msgf for more private stuff. You may want to change the prefix from /r to /fr.

You can do that by this link:
    https://mccentral.org/community/leaderboards/survivalgames/
    MCC uses just NPC's to enter minigames (or compass) not a brand new separated area (like the sub-servers own), so if you want holograms in /hub to be added than the spawn design has to be changed (or npc's location.)

This isn't needed as most people would just place signs to say "I am muted" or give an item stating. Most of the times you can check if the user is muted or not by this link:
    https://mccentral.org/punishments/

Conclusion:
    The suggestions themselves are not bad but I don't think they are demanding enough to be added. Most of the time you can still find solutions to them. My self I may find the first suggestion useful but others not so.

~Thanks.

3. kuieren

kuieren
    Hey there!
    These are my takes on the suggestions you've made c:

/r command
    I agree that it is very annoying to have to type /msgf and the players username every time you want to message them, but the /r command already exists, so adding it as a way to do quick replies to /msgf would make it overlap with regular /msg replies. I do agree that a command should be added to simplify messages through the /msgf system though, so maybe a command like /rf would be a better addition. +1

Leaderboard navigation/ Lobby Leaderboards
    You can kind of see that through the current leaderboards system present on the website, but you'd have to manually search for these stats. So I agree that they should make it so you can change the stats which the leaderboard follows (wins, kills, kdr, etc), so that players who might play in a more offencive style can still receive recognition instead of players who might just camp the game and clean the last person. +1

As for the holograms on the lobbies I completely agree with that, as the top LB players are usually only known if you search for it on the website, so displaying the top players on each minigame would make it so newer players or just players who aren't all that active know who these people are, so it'd give players another reason to grind for LB +1

/immuted command
    Not really necessary IMO, players can usually assume that a player is muted when they don't answer to their messages and they can also check it on the website, or the muted player could tp them and tell them that through signs or renamed items, so there's no real need for that -1

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.