Why Survival Needs To Go Back To 1.8 PVP

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Kablewurst, Apr 1, 2020.

?

Should They Bring 1.8 pvp plugin with 1.12 features

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No

12.5%
  1. Kablewurst

Okay A a year ago when I played this server, I loved the fact that warp pvp was legitimately full at all hours of the night.So now I come back and see myself in a situation were because of the lack of pvp, and everyone being teamed with each other, there is arguably no appealing aspect of pvp. And I know people are going to argue that survival was never really about pvp. But the amount of people i've heard complain about this is astonishing and I am going to try to encourage more people to voice their concerns, in hopes to reach out to people who have control over that kind of thing.I don't play any other servers.But I played gotpvp for prison for 5 years and I know that it died but it would have died a long time ago as well even before it was ruined, if it was 1.12.And I know all servers are trying to be slowly swayed towards higher versions.And let me explain why that is not a good idea.First of all, I know that survival has always been the testing ground for many servers, but pvp is always going to be a huge deal to the community, that's why there is myth sets and totems.We can keep 1.12 functions if you invest in a plugin keeping 1.8 pvp. I have hear a lot of og's tell me they are not going to play next season because of this.Not only that, but with 1.12 pvp, ( totems, slower hitting, etc) It is impossible to drop someone in myth and that's not fair at all. today I let someone with a sharpness 3 diamond sword hit me 52 times to do a total of like 3 hearts because of my regen, and if I had /feed he would not have gotten past half a heart.Not only that, but people who are good at pvp in those versions and have been working at it for years, are now sometimes just as bad as someone who played for less than a year because the pvp is slower and strafing is less important.I don't want to say everyone will quit and blah blah blah blah, because that's not the case, you will always have a majority of your player base. But a lot of people who have not only invested money but time into your server, would really like 1.8 pvp. not only that but some of them don't decide to leave, they will just be unhappy and that's not fair if a majority of people would prefer 1.8 pvp especially if they have spent years on survival and have purchased ranks and keys.I appreciate whoever looks at this and I hope you take a look at the options to bring back 1.8 pvp and keep 1.12 features for the sake of fun and pvp.

Thanks,
    Kable.

Sawmich2, TehTrash and mxbel like this.
  2. Kablewurst

Also The Reason My Account was Made today is I thought there was no point in making an account until now

3. Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums.

This is something I would like to see added to Survival myself. As an active Survival player I can personally see the impact 1.12 has had since the release of the current season. Some things I think that would greatly benefit the Survival Sub-Server as well as the community is to implement a plugin in which 1.12 players are able to use 1.12 with 1.8 PVP. I feel like this would greatly improve the PVP experience for players. 1.12 as a whole was an amazing idea that was added by the Owners and I do not think we should roll it back, but we should at least try to implement a plugin to allow 1.12 users to PVP using 1.8 mechanics.

Best Regards;
    PlayerUnbound

iluvu, CatBoyFable and TehTrash like this.
  4. httpmeme

genderroles
    Hiya!

I think in its current state, having one or the other is the better option since I think it would make the server more laggy. I myself am not a pvper, however I'll look at this situation from a pvper's perspective as I am a survival player and have been for a very long time since the earlier seasons, I just can't personally see it getting added in due to some issues. I personally wouldn't mind this getting added I just think Survival is more community/gameplay based where as Kit, Prison, Arena, and Factions. I've noticed most of the original Survival players quit due to the lack of change of Survival and the fact that it was so out dated and just got boring after awhile, and I know 1.12.2 PvP isn't the greatest, it does make the server more unique. I think Markey is set on having a 1.12.2 PvP on Survival, and probably doesn't plan to change however I think if it happens I wouldn't complain I just can't see it personally.

Again my personal opinion, but I think the current pvpers would be more satisfied with 1.8.9, I just don't think PvP should be the goal of Survival.

-httpmeme, MCC Moderator

CatBoyFable and puposaurus like this.
  5. Kablewurst

Completely understand however I have a relatively cheap pc, and its minecraft.im clocking 300 fps in pvp with a amd fx 6300 and a rx 560 so lag should not be an issue and as a plugin I have used on servers to mess around with the issue of lag is nearly non existent unless your playing on a Nintendo 2DS which in that case you shouldnt be playing minecraft anyways the reccomended specs for minecraft will handle this fine. not only that but I dont know what they said in the past but a lot of ogs have been openly complaining in front of me so Im not sure if thats one hundred percent accurate but thats why I think we should keep 1.12 because its fun and unique but we need 1.8 pvp and I just adressed the lag thing only for that reason

6. Kablewurst

I would like it for the owner to just maybe take a look at the polls as for I am plugging this in chat only so it should be survival only for the most part of people inputting their preference I know its hard but I feel if the playerbase ( aka the moneybase) would like a change wether they wanted it before or not, I think it isnt to much to ask for it to be put in but I would like to see how the poll goes! :)

7. Sawmich2

This is a good idea mainly because, most people from last season were fine with the pvp, but ever since this new season has been released, there has been lots of criticism to change it back.

8. HappyOreos

do this or ill run away and die, thx.

CatBoyFable likes this.
  9. Kablewurst

maybe something more serious lmao?

10. puposaurus

puposaurus
    ugh. howdy. i -1 this idea. i’ve played a server where it had 1.12 features but the pvp was 1.8 and the lag was dogshit. it almost was unplayable and i lived near the host and i had generally good ping (30-60ms). the server constantly was crashing. and this was recently (abour 6months ago). of course there could have been other factors for that server, but i feel having the dual versions’ features n such running on one subserver wouldn’t mix well for mcc. au and eu players already get issues with ping, could u imagine how that would skyrocket even more?
    can you get over the fact that survival is 1.12 now. yes the pvp is shit but survival isn’t as pvp driven as it used to be, at least from what i’ve seen. i know there is a group of players who chill in pvp, but a way to think about it more is when mcc changed from 1.7.10 to 1.8 pvp changed and players adjusted and got used to it. i don’t see mcc changing pvp for other sub servers, but i feel that if you wanna play survival you could just adjust to the 1.12 pvp. the main difference is shields and a cool down, it’s not that that bad. as a spam clicker when i pvp, i can understand the frustrations, but also you’re put at such disadvantage as everyone else, so maybe learn now so new comers who might be used to 1.8 can be easier to qd than you trying to get this. Personally, i dislike 1.12 pvp but also i don’t go in pvp, if it is that much of a burden, there’s always options to switch sub servers or not go in pvp. as well as, i get players like survival for community and that’s the subserver they’ve mained since the beginning. I get the 1.12 update was quite a change especially in pvp as this is what this post is about, but I think taking some open mindedness for 1.12 pvp is better to be taken into consideration if they don’t add 1.8 pvp since it’s gay and can cereate gayer lag.

overall, i -1 this idea. i feel the possible lag n such will just be annoying and not so much needed 1.12 pvp isn’t the worst. i get it can take some time to adjust to since a lot of players are not used to it and it’s different to them.
    have a great day :p

CatBoyFable likes this.
  11. Kablewurst

why not try it then lmao for a week, if it lags fine, if not keep it I do not understand whats the harm in trying it, and if i could choose Id be down to revert to 1.8 but not enough people would fall for that so in the middle, not only that but the plugin I had tried had worked fine

12. Kablewurst

Also if it is too laggy I had had people mention theyd rather have 1.8 pvp, and You cant tell me its not pvp based, with farms being nerfed your either fishing enchanting or pvping. fishing is boring, enchanting is hard without spawners. ( Which Was REMOVED ) and pvping isnt fun as 1.12

13. puposaurus

puposaurus
    survival is a grinding driven subserver. not like skyblock where u steal your mom’s credit card and not like prison where you’re afk’ing spawners. for a lot of things, you work for what you want, like reasources and such. sethomes, lets, ancient&myth gear all help, but i feel that those aren’t the main focuses of survival. if u go back to the season1&2 days before economy ruined survival, most of survival was grinding to have the pimpiest looking plot and flexing with diamonds, now that’s not the case anymore. i feel like a reason for farms being nerfed was becuase (1) mccstoreowner was a clown (2) could have players grind more or whatever.
    i think having survival he 1.12 pvp makes it unique from the other sub servers despite the fact that it’s gay, dumb, and is harder to pvp. it’s a unique part of surnvuval

CatBoyFable likes this.
  14. Kablewurst

nah its not unique its just dumb, leave it up to the majority im not sure why were even debating it, 11 yes 2 nos and thats only gonna go up, if enough people plead for change its an obligation of the owner to make those changes

15. Kablewurst

PapiDrake who has been playing since season 2 had a pvp group of 21 players, and after 1.12 pvp hit, he is down to 4 people in his group that still play this server all of the ones that played having been og. Thats a substantial amount of people who invested time and money into the server to just up and leave.not only that but its only one scenario and there are and will be many more with 1.12 pvp.

16. puposaurus

puposaurus
    from what i know i thought they left before s7.0 so. um. ik there was a good amount of pvpers in survival but they moved to prison in s6 or something. i remember /p h pvp being one of the best kit plots by mrfungbob. he had taken a break in sesaon 5 and sorta season6 and came back season7 b/c of quarantine

CatBoyFable likes this.
  17. Viizic

Viizic
    I myself +1 this idea, I don't play survival now, but I used to. I don't like that u have to wait before hitting again. for me it ruins the pvp.

18. LendingGalaxy

LendingGalaxy
    I honestly am a 1.8 pvp person, Survival isn't a pvp thing. Survival is the base game of minecraft. The purpose of it isn't to pvp. There are many other sub servers that have 1.8 pvp which you can play on there. Survival is like this for a reason, if anything, it should be updated to 1.15. -1

CatBoyFable likes this.

Minecraft Central Store | Powered by Xenforo | Minecraft Central Rules
The MCC server is in no way affiliated with Mojang, AB. Nor should it be considered a company endorsed by Mojang, AB.